• kcleomom
    Hi ! I’ve been wearing wigs about 4 years. The lace fronts drive me crazy. Getting them positioned just right and not curling up. I use IT Stays to adhere my wigs. Any suggestions on what I’m doing wrong? Thanks
  • Elizabeth Wigs com Team
    Great question! I'm happy to recommend a product that can solve this issue!

Just like with clothing, wearing the wrong size can be uncomfortable. At Wigs.com, you can purchase wigs in 3 different sizes: petite, average, and large. Measuring for a wig is easy, here's the how-to page: https://www.wigs.com/pages/how-to-find-your-wig-size

Now with products, the Blue Adhesive Tape is intended for use on lace front material only to help secure your wig in place.

To remove the blue adhesive, you will need a cotton swab and lace adhesive remover. Only 1-3 pumps are necessary to help release and remove adhesive strips and should be sprayed onto cotton swabs for gentle application.

If you need more tips, please feel free to give us a call or email our Wig Experts at or 800-581-2001 (M-F 8:00 AM - 6:30 PM CST) .

Thank you! :heart:
  • Jnc
    I use Got to be Glued ultra. It's not as hard to remove as the tape. I just put a bit on the top of my head near the front and then put the wig on. If you have any hair, remove the wig carefully as it will pull. Works great.
  • kcleomom
    Thank you both for great suggestions
  • PhyllisB
    Sorry for the late response but I don't come on here very often. The lace fronts drive me crazy too if I don't anchor it down; I find them very itchy and scratchy. When I get a new wig I take a pair of small, very sharp craft scissors and trim the lace as close to the hair line as I can get it, so there is no extra to curl up. And I think it looks more natural; the less lace that's visible the better. And like Jnc, I also use the Got to Be Glued. It's inexpensive and easy to use.
  • Lolls
    Is the Got to Be Glued, the freezing spray, spiking glue,or is there a specific glue for wigst? Thanks.
  • PhyllisB
    I use the Styling Spiking Glue in the yellow tube. Just a small amount is needed. And when removing the wig, I wet my fingers and run them under the lace front to loosen it without pulling the lace.
  • alicexm
    I use got2be in the black tube mostly because my Target was out of the yellow tube, but either will work. And since they’re water soluable you can spritz a little water on the lace to loosen the glue when you take it off. Softening the grip will prevent stretching or tearing your lace front.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Wigs.org forum!

Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet! Join our community in one easy step and share your amazing and inspiring story with your wig family!

All views, opinions and comments are those of the author and do not represent wigs.com or it's affiliates.